Now available on Amazon the first volume of The Musketeers’ New Adventures which includes my story “Noblese Oblige” – A lost letter written by the Queen must be found or else it threatens a new war with Spain. Desperately she calls upon a retired Musketeer to find the missing message. – Available in either paperback or kindle format – Need some adventure? Just click here.
I’m in the middle of doing some research for an essay that is scheduled to appear in a friend’s business book, but decided to take a quick break to do my monthly update post (Although I just realized I missed last month – oops).
The essay in question is the last of the various essays and short stories I had scheduled for 2016. By my count I now have the following work sitting at various publishers waiting for projects to be completed and published:
- Short story featuring Rick Ruby, Private Eye
- Short story featuring Allan Quatermain (and special guest).
- Essay on Action Man
- Essay for a Star Trek Original Series project
- Essay for a Star Trek: The Next Generation project
- Essays for two business books
Hopefully some of these see the light of day over the coming months.
For 2017 I’ve decided to take a short sabbatical from accepting these sort of short side assignments and focus on completing my four major ongoing projects.
- The FORGOTTEN CITY comic book series (of which I have the final three issues to write).
- Complete the revisions and additions to the James Bond Lexicon
- Complete the research phase for the U.N.C.L.E. Lexicon
- and get a polished draft together for my novel-in-progress.
So here’s to focus and a productive year ahead at the keyboard.
Wow where did the year go? It’s definitely been an interesting and eventful one for us, with more fun still to come.
If things work out to plan the following books will be heading to a store near you or available on-line before the year is over:
- The Joy of Joe – with my essay “So Who Is This Joe Fellow You’ve All Been Talking About,” on my recollections of Action Man.
- Outside In Boldly Goes – which will contain my take on the classic Star Trek episode “Specter of the Gun.”
- Quatermain Adventures Vol. 2 – containing my story “Stones of Blood.”
In the meantime you can find a new page on this site with direct links to some of my existing books for sale on Amazon.
Work is continuing on editing the James Bond Lexicon project and compiling information for the follow-on U.N.C.L.E. Lexicon, and I’ve made a return to movie reviewing in my Editor-at-Large role for RevolutionSF. You can find my thoughts on the recent Suicide Squad movie online HERE.
A lot of my focus over the last few months has been around my business writing with several white-papers under my belt as well as developing regular series of weekly blog posts which you can find HERE. This has lead to a couple of additional opportunities to write a regular monthly piece for a leading industry thought-leadership website as well as an article for another prestigious media industry magazine. More on these as stuff is published over the coming months.
Oops – seems that I missed posting a May Ramble, but I’m making up for that by posting the June issue a little early.
Over the last few weeks I’ve completed the final edits for the new pulp story featuring my new character the Lotus Ronin. Her debut will feature in the Asian Pulp anthology title due soon from ProSe Press. The cover of which is looking pretty cool.
Happy to announce that I will be making a return to one of my favorite conventions, FenCon, later this year. FenConXII will be held in Dallas in September. More information is in the link below.
My next convention appearance will be:
For more frequent updates, comments, and general observations on life you can follow me on Twitter @alanjporter or on Instagram. For a full list of published work to date check out my website at AlanJPorter.com
Feedback on Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective Vol 7. that includes my story “The Case of the Rotten Corpse,” continues to be very positive. – Thanks to anyone whose picked up a copy over the last few months
- Rick Ruby: The latest volume of stories featuring 1930s New York based P.I. Rick Ruby is in production. No information on a release date yet.
- Allan Quartermain: Stones of Blood: I’m currently still writing new short-story featuring the classic jungle adventurer in a tale that takes him from the streets of London to the battlefields of the First Boer War. More on this one as it develops.
THE LEXICON PROJECTS
James Bond Lexicon: A Guide to the Worlds of 007: The manuscript for our upcoming James Bond Lexicon is with the fine folks at Hasslein Books for copy-editing. If things stick to schedule we are aiming for publication around the end of September or early October.
Meanwhile work continues on our U.N.C.L.E. Lexicon project, “The Lexicon Affair” – look for more updates on this soon.
FORGOTTEN CITY – The second story arc issues (#6-10) are in various stages of production as the Kid Domino team get them ready for uploading to comiXology for digital distribution. I have turned in the script for Issue #11.
Work is also underway on pulling together the first story-arc (issues #1-5) in a trade-paperback for eventual print distribution. In the meantime don’t forget that issues #1 thru 5 are still available as digital downloads at comiXology for just $1.99 each