November 25, 2016
books, Business Writing, Comics, short stories, Uncategorized
Action Man, Allan Quatermain, forgotten city, James Bond, Man From U.N.C.L.E., Rick Ruby, star trek
I’m in the middle of doing some research for an essay that is scheduled to appear in a friend’s business book, but decided to take a quick break to do my monthly update post (Although I just realized I missed last month – oops).
The essay in question is the last of the various essays and short stories I had scheduled for 2016. By my count I now have the following work sitting at various publishers waiting for projects to be completed and published:
- Short story featuring Rick Ruby, Private Eye
- Short story featuring Allan Quatermain (and special guest).
- Essay on Action Man
- Essay for a Star Trek Original Series project
- Essay for a Star Trek: The Next Generation project
- Essays for two business books
Hopefully some of these see the light of day over the coming months.
For 2017 I’ve decided to take a short sabbatical from accepting these sort of short side assignments and focus on completing my four major ongoing projects.
- The FORGOTTEN CITY comic book series (of which I have the final three issues to write).
- Complete the revisions and additions to the James Bond Lexicon
- Complete the research phase for the U.N.C.L.E. Lexicon
- and get a polished draft together for my novel-in-progress.
So here’s to focus and a productive year ahead at the keyboard.
August 24, 2016
BlogNews, books, Business Writing, Fiction, Movie Reviews, Non-Fiction, short stories
Action Man, Allan Quatermain, G.I. Joe, James Bond, Man From U.N.C.L.E., star trek, Suicide Squad
Wow where did the year go? It’s definitely been an interesting and eventful one for us, with more fun still to come.
If things work out to plan the following books will be heading to a store near you or available on-line before the year is over:
- The Joy of Joe – with my essay “So Who Is This Joe Fellow You’ve All Been Talking About,” on my recollections of Action Man.
- Outside In Boldly Goes – which will contain my take on the classic Star Trek episode “Specter of the Gun.”
- Quatermain Adventures Vol. 2 – containing my story “Stones of Blood.”
In the meantime you can find a new page on this site with direct links to some of my existing books for sale on Amazon.
Work is continuing on editing the James Bond Lexicon project and compiling information for the follow-on U.N.C.L.E. Lexicon, and I’ve made a return to movie reviewing in my Editor-at-Large role for RevolutionSF. You can find my thoughts on the recent Suicide Squad movie online HERE.
A lot of my focus over the last few months has been around my business writing with several white-papers under my belt as well as developing regular series of weekly blog posts which you can find HERE. This has lead to a couple of additional opportunities to write a regular monthly piece for a leading industry thought-leadership website as well as an article for another prestigious media industry magazine. More on these as stuff is published over the coming months.